Sunday, May 11, 2008

TIME FOR BIG CATCH UP! .... and documenting how I messed up.

Hello, p90x blog readers.

So.... its been a while. I don't know where to start, so I'll just come out with it.

First, I am getting rid of the Day headline BS thing I was trying to do. I am just unable to visualize where the heck I am in the program, so I am ditching the whole thing.

I made the decision just to keep my workout checklist on a piece of paper made up to look like a calendar, with a checklist of the 90-91 exercises right next to it, sometime over this last weekend.

The Kentucky Derby was amazing, and when I came back, I weighed 175. Gaining 6 pounds, essentially. YIKES.

Anyways, as I was making up the chart, I noticed: I FRIGGIN' MESSED UP ON THE P90x SCHEDULE!!!!

Week 4 of the regiment is SUPPOSED to be a recovery week, with Core Synergistics, etc., sprinkled in. What did I do, instead? I did another weightlifting week just like Weeks 1-3.

So now my WHOLE system is fu-botched! Couple that with taking a number of days off for the Derby, and I needed to get back on track.

Upon coming back from the Derby, I did:

Tues, May 6 - Legs Back, Ab Ripper X

Wed, May 7 - Kenpo X

Thurs, May 8 - X Stretch (Exercise 21 of the series!!!) Duh.

SO, what I am going to do is begin Week 4 as if I never did those past six-seven workouts. Consider those a bonus, essentially. I'll start with Exercise 22 (Yoga X), and keep going.

One thing is for sure, this is no longer getting fit in 90 days! By the time this is over, it'll be closer to 100-105 days. And that is all my fault.

That said, I am feeling stronger, my clothes fit better, and people are noticing. So I am still gungho about this program. Just needs a liiiiiitttttle adjustment.

Next post, my results from that one random day of Legs/Back.

No comments: