Sunday, July 6, 2008

Notes as we begin to head into the last section

Some notes:

1. The recovery drink does seem to work - whenever I have it, I feel a lot better after working out. Of course, I don't drink the P90x brand, I drink Muscle Milk or Endurox.

2. The bars - hmmm. I use them to supplement, but don't eat them very much anymore.

3. Vitamins - always take vitamins, except when I forget to.

4. I haven't been following any P90x diet, which is maybe why its taking much longer for my body to take shape.

5. That said, my shoulders, arms, legs, and neck area, and back (sort of) are MUCH more defined. Plus, my face is MUCH slimmer (which is a plus).

6. Torso, stomach is still HURTING.

7. Weight at beginning = 172.2. Weight now = 172.2.

8. So, I weigh the same, but have gotten more defined, and have gone from being only able to do 4 pullups to 9 pullups, and being able to do only some pushups to one handers. Plus my flexibility is up.

9. So so far my plan to see if this plan works without following a specific diet.... the result is, not really? Performance increases, but you NEED that diet to REALLY see definition. Hmm. Bitter.

10. HOWEVER, last time I gave blood, which was on June 16, my blood pressure was amazing - a perfect 120/80. So that is good.

11. All in all, I think 52 exercises into P90x has made me much much healthier. My waist fluctuates, but in general I am MUCH slimmer (tossing another 5 pairs of pants), and I am starting to see more Abs. I started April 4, and its been basically....3 months of working out.

12. I wonder how I'd look if I'd stuck to it strictly. Maybe this last month we'll see how it goes - this experiment was to see how effective P90x was on a normal hectic working person, however, who didn't have time to make their own meals, etc. And, all in all, I think its been still pretty good.

13. With a wedding and the beach coming up in the next two weeks, its time to hit it hard. I've taken plenty of rest days, but do still want to work in the two X Stretch routines I've skipped.

14. I'm just rambling. Anyways, the bottomline is that while the exercises are good, it seems like the diet is crucial. Need to eat less, and make what I DO eat more effective input. ITs really too bad I've been on a pizza kick ALL WEEKEND. ;)

No comments: