Sunday, April 6, 2008

Day 1: Chest and Back and I'm already behind (Real Day 1 / Workout Day 1/ Exercise 1)

Well, relatively behind. On the blogging, not on the working out. Saturday was Chest and Back, and AB Ripper X, a disc I'd done before while dicking around. Here are my specs (not very impressive):

Round 1:
Standard Pushups: 15x
Wide Arm Pullups: 4x normal / 3x assisted
Military Pushups: 15x
Reverse Grip Chinups: 4x normal / 3x assisted
Wide Arm Pushups: 15x
Close Grip Pullups: 2x normal / 8x assisted
Decline Pushups: 15x
Heavy Pants: 30 lbs / 10x
Diamond Pushups: 12x
Lawnmowers: 35 lbs / 12x (both right and left)
Dive Bomber Pushups: 10x
Back Flies: 30 lbs / 10x

Round 2:
Wide Arm Pullups: 10x assisted
Standard Pushups: 20x
Reverse Grip Chinups: 10x assisted
Military Pushups: 15x
Close Grip Pullups: 10x assisted
Wide Arm Pushups: 20x
Heavy Pants: 30 lbs / 10x
Decline Pushups: 15x
Lawnmowers: 40 lbs / 10x (both right and left)
Diamond Pushups: 12x
Back Flies: 22.5 lbs / 15x
Dive Bomber Pushups: 7.5x

The Bowflex Selecttech 552 Weights were amazing - so easy to use, no problems. Thank god I bought them.

Finished up with AB Ripper X, which I can do most of (in my mind). I think my oversized torso makes these exercises difficult. That's me excuse, at least. I do have a big torso compared to my legs. I guess shrinking the torso is the goal. Hmm.

I celebrated that evening by eating pizza and soda, and watching Kansas and Memphis win. The Caps made it into the playoffs too, with the Wizards. It was a good day.

No comments: